The liver is your largest internal organ, and it’s responsible for an astonishing variety of life-sustaining and health-promoting tasks. Integral to countless metabolic processes, the liver supports the digestive system, controls blood sugar and regulates fat storage. It stores and mobilizes energy, and produces more proteins than any other organ in the body. It also regulates your blood flow.
One of your liver’s most important functions is chemically breaking down everything that enters your body, from the healthiest bite of organic food to the toxins that you breathe in, absorb through your skin, and eat or drink in foods, medicine etc.
When the liver is clogged and overwhelmed with toxins, it can’t do a very effective job of processing nutrients and fats.
The more toxic your body becomes, the more difficulty you’ll have staying healthy or losing weight.
The liver's filters remove a wide range of micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites from the bloodstream, which is highly desirable, as we certainly do not want these dangerous things building up in the blood and invading the deeper parts of the body.
That is why it is ESSENTIAL to do a Liver Cleanse BEFORE & AFTER you do a Parasite Cleanse and BEFORE you do the Candida Cleanse.
NBYou want your kidneys, bladder, urinary tract & LIver in TOP working condition so they can efficiently remove any undesirable toxins & died-of parasites BEFORE you do the Parasite Cleanse or Candida Cleanse Routines.
Too aggressive a detoxification program can lead to massive release of internal toxins that the body is unable to excrete on a timely basis.
A liver in detoxification that is too intense may result in ill effects and negative results. This can lead to a variety of unpleasant side effects.
Your adrenal glands (adrenals) are two thumb-sized organs that sit above your kidneys and are part of the endocrine system. Also known as the suprarenal glands, they’re involved in producing over 50 hormones that drive almost every bodily function, many of which are essential for life.
The adrenal glands work closely with the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland in a system known as the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis).
Normally, the adrenal glands release cortisol on a diurnal rhythm, referring to the process of boosts of cortisol throughout the day that help wakes us up, with a decline in this hormone level in the evening to aid the body in sleep.
Adrenal fatigue is a condition where your body and adrenal glands can’t keep up.
When the adrenal glands stop producing hormones efficiently Every bodily function is affected, and as adrenal hormone levels ebb and flow abnormally, even the normal “get-up-and-go” you get from them disappears.
Foods you eat are your first line of defense against Adrenal Fatigue.
- Add wheatgrass (available in either juice or powder form) or barley grass/leaf (available primarily in powder and capsule form) to freshly juiced fruits or vegetables
Eat at the Right Times
You can AVOID Adrenal Fatigue. DON't Skip breakfast, eat light lunch and then a small meal in the evening !
Avoid anything that taxes your Adrenals
- Coffee/ Caffeine, Green Tea etc
- Physical & Emotional Stress
- Processed and microwaved foods
- Hydrogenated oils: Vegetable oils like soybean, canola and corn oil are highly inflammatory and can lead to adrenal inflammation.
Stay Well Hydrated
SuperFoods for the Adrenals
There is also a small group of foods that can actually help you to recover more quickly from Adrenal Fatigue.
Coconut OIl & Coconut Milk
Adrenal- Supporting Supplements & Herbs
Lavender Essential Oils
Adaptogenic herbs ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea, schisandra and holy basil
Pregnant women and those with heart, liver or kidney problems should avoid licorice root. Don’t take it for more than four weeks at a time.
1. Herbal Bitters
Bitter medicines are beloved by herbalists. The bitter taste stimulates digestive processes, including the liver's production of bile. Bile, part digestive juice, part waste product, is made by the liver and excreted via the bowel.
Herbal bitters are also known as Swedish Bitters.
2. Lemon & Ginger Tea
The juice of half a lemon in warm water first thing in the morning is a time-honoured way to start the day, and is an excellent wake up call for the liver. The sourness of lemons triggers nerve and hormone activation to the liver and digestive system.
You can add some Manuka Honey to soothe the stomach and fresh Peppermint Leaves to stimulate the digestive system.
The spice that colours curries yellow, and was also used to dye the robes of Hindu priests.
Turmeric has impressive anti-inflammatory effects throughout the body, including the liver. Excellent for a liver virus or infection.
4. Dandelion Root / Tea
A long history of healing ailing livers. Dandelion root coffeeis black and bitter, making it an excellent coffee alternative if you are keen on improving liver health.
Natural herbs like burdock and dandelion root are all said to help rid the body of toxins while protecting liver cells and promoting healthy liver function.
Drink natural fruit/ veggie smoothies.
Fruits like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries all enhance the health of the liver. These fruits have organic acids that lower sugar blood levels, and will help you to burn fat, decreasing your chances of fatty liver diseases
5. Milk Thistle/ St. Mary's Thistle
St. Mary's Thistle a protects liver cells from damage and serves to regenerate already damaged liver cells.
Milk thistle promotes the growth and health of liver cells. Milk thistle contains silymarins, which are antioxidants that fight oxidation, a process that damages liver cells.
It also enhances protein synthesis in the liver.
Awesome Liver Detox Recipes
Drink Lots of Water
Detoxify your liver and flush toxins out by drinking at least 1 liter of water every day.
Please consult with your physician before partaking on any sort of cleanse to make sure this treatment is right for you.
The liver Purification protocol will occur in 2 phases:
During phase 1, the liver takes toxins and convert them into less harmful toxins through either oxidation, reduction or hydrolysis.
The liver makes something that was once very toxic into something that is less toxic through a chemical reaction. This process creates other toxic by-products that need to be neutralized through the ingestion of anti-oxidants and in phase 2 detox.
During phase two the liver attaches a buffer molecule to the toxin which makes it less toxic still.
The toxins can now be processed so that it becomes water-soluble so that the body can easily excrete it through the urine. Most toxins begin their journey in a fat soluble state which is very hard for the body to excrete.
Both phase 1 & phase 2 of the Liver Cleanse must be working optimally and in tandem for safe Purification & Detoxification to happen.
If you are not eating adequate nutrients, if either of the phases is working at a faster pace than the other phase or if you are over loading your system with toxins, you may run into troubles.
Before you begin any Cleanse Program, it’s essential that you prepare your body by strengthening your liver and colon for the work ahead. If you don’t do this, you might end up more bloated, constipated and “toxic” than you were before.
Liver Detoxing & Fasting will release toxins that are lodged in your fat cells & shuttles them into your bloodstream for filtration & transport through your body’s elimination channels.
Without prior liver and colon support to help these toxins clear your system, the toxins, parasites / fungi may simply get relocated within the body, settling into any number of sensitive organs and making you feel tired, anxious, headache and more fatigued than when you started. So if you want to avoid feeling unnecessarily lousy, and if you want to maximize weight loss, follow this simple, six-step program for seven days before you embark on the one-day, liver-flushing juice fast:
1. EACH day, for 7 days, choose at least ONE serving from each group of the following Liver-Loving Foods:
• Refined carbohydrates, including white rice and products made from white flour
• Soy protein
• Alcohol, over-the-counter drugs and caffeine
The Liver Purification Cleanse is designed to flush impurities from your liver and other cellular tissues while supporting your general health and energy.
While I do not advocate water fasts, or even long-term juice fasts, personal experience and many years of thorough research have convinced me that short-term juice fasting can be beneficial and healthy to the body . . . . the kind that is fully supported by adequate nutritional preparation for the liver and sufficient fiber for the colon.
By reducing the amount of work your digestive system has to do, you free up a great deal of energy for healing and regeneration.
Basic protocol you should follow for 7 - 14 Days Juice Fast Purification:
1. Make sure you have completed the Seven-Day Prequel.
- Alternate drinking 1 glass of filtered/ purified water and 1 glass of Miracle Juice during the day.
- Drink at least 4 - 6 glasses of filtered/ purified water throughout the day, in addition to the 4 - 6 glasses of Miracle Juice. Total of NO LESS than 8-10 glasses in TOTAL per day.
- Make sure you drink at least a glass of liquid - either the Miracle Juice or water - EVERY hour.
Begin the protocol when you wake up in the morning.
Upon rising & at the end of the day, take ONE serving of a colon-caring supplement, chosen from among the following:
• Powdered psyllium husks (1 to 2 teaspoons mixed in 8 ounces of water or Miracle Juice)
• Ground or milled flaxseeds (2 to 3 tablespoons mixed in 10 to 12 ounces of water or 8 ounces Miracle Juice)
Engage in only light exercise:
- 20 minute walk or
- 30 min of Yoga/ Qi Gong
It’s essential that you follow this sequel program for 3 days straight. Otherwise, your re-entry into normal eating may leave you feeling bloated, constipated and more toxic than before.
1. Each day, choose at least one of the following probiotic food sources to restore “friendly bacteria”:
NO Kefir or Kombucha ( contains sugar ! . . parasites & Fungi ( Candida) thrive on sugar . . so if you want to get rid of them . . DON'T FEED THEM !!!!)
I am NOT a big advocate for Liver Flushes. You should take great care when using epsom salt to flush the liver. The bile ducts and billary tree can become blocked with gallstones and sludge. I only include this in the article ' cause so many of you write and ask me about it .
If you need to do an aggressive Liver bile duct cleanse from gallstones, you can the following Protocol.
- Though I HIGHLY recommend a more GENTLE approach, as outlined above.
Epsom salts: 4 tablespoons
Olive oil: half cup (organic extra virgin olive oil)
Fresh organic pink grapefruit (for brain and spinal cord cancer use apple juice, with citric acid): 1 large or 2 small, enough to squeeze 1/2 cup juice. (you may substitute a lemon, adding water to make 1/2 cup liquid.
Ornithine: 4 to 8, to be sure you can sleep. Don’t skip this or you may have the worst night of your life!
Pint jar with lid
Black Walnut Tincture, any strength or 2 freeze-dried capsules: 10 to 20 drops, to kill parasites coming from the liver.
- Double hot wash the grapefruit. Eat a no-fat breakfast or lunch. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. Higher pressure pushes out more stones. Limit the amount you eat to the minimum you can get by on. The earlier you stop eating the better your results will be, too.
2 p.m. – Stop eating and drinking
- If you break this rule you could feel quite ill later.
- Get your Epsom salts ready.
Mix 4 tbs.Epsom Salts in 3 cups water and pour this into a jar. This makes four servings, ¾ cup each.
Set the jar in the refrigerator to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only).
- 6:00 PM. Drink one serving (¾ cup) of the ice-cold Epsom salts.
- Get the olive oil and grapefruit out on the kitchen counter to warm up.
- 8:00 PM. Repeat by drinking another ¾ cup of Epsom salts. Get your bedtime chores done.
- 9:45 PM. Pour ½ cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar.
Squeeze the grapefruit by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You should have at least ½ cup.
Add this to the olive oil
Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh citrus juice does this).
Now visit the bathroom one or more time, even if it makes you late for your ten o’clock drink. Don’t be more than 15 minutes late. You will get fewer stones.
- 10:00 PM. Beside your bed while still standing, drink down the grapefruit-olive-oil mixture and immediately lay down.
Take ornithine capsules to make sure you will sleep through the night. Drinking through a large plastic straw helps it go down easier. Drink it it down within 5 minutes.
- Lie down immediately on your right side with knees curled up close to your body or lay flat on your back. Try to keep perfectly still for at least 20 minutes. Go to sleep.
- You will have no pain or discomfort as the magnesium has dilated the ducts and they are well lubricated with oil. If you feel nauseous during the night, either you did something wrong in prepping for the cleanse like eating heavy food, or you are detoxing too fast and the bile is back-flushing back into your stomach. Prop yourself up to prevent further back-flushing and try to sleep
- Upon waking but not before 6 a.m., drink down the third portion (3/4 cup) of Epsom salts. It’s best to stay vertical for this evacuation time, so get up, read or move around. Go to the bathroom as needed. The Epsom salts will now help you evacuate the stones that were spilled from the gallbladder and liver during the night. Many of the stones float, so guestimate how many you are evacuating.
- If you have indigestion or nausea wait until it is gone before drinking the Epsom salts. You may go back to bed. Don’t take this potion before 6:00 am.
- 2 Hours Later. Take your fourth (the last) dose of Epsom salts. You may go back to bed again.
- After 2 More Hours you may eat. Start with fruit juice. Half an hour later eat fruit. One hour later you may eat regular food but keep it light.
By supper you should feel recovered.
CAUTIONS - Technically, anyone with a history of gall stones, bladder infections, etc. should not do the liver cleanse until he or she has done a bladder cleanse first.
Also, people with a history of colon congestion or constipation should do 2-3 colon cleanses before their first liver cleanse.
🔴 Please consult with your physician before partaking on any sort of cleanse to make sure this treatment is right for you
Consult with a healthcare professional before starting any of these cleanses if you are taking any medication or if you have a medical condition.
Do not attempt any radical cleansing program if you are pregnant, nursing or under the age of 18 without consulting with a healthcare professional first.
Individuals with kidney disease, liver disease or diabetes should consult with a healthcare professional before taking chromium.
If you have any adverse reactions or other symptoms, discontinue taking the cleanse and seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional.
No protocol shared herewith are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The cleanse protocols are provided for educational purposes only and should not be treated as a substitute for the advice from your healthcare professional. It is not part of a medical procedure which includes any treatments other than a diet and supplements.
The cleanses are for adults only. We do not recommend giving the cleanses to anyone under 18 years old.
If you are taking any medications, you should consult with your doctor or pharmacist before cleansing. Additionally, you may do your own research for possible interactions.
If you believe that you need medical help, then please seek the consultation of a registered medical professional.
BIBLIOGRAPHY & REFERENCES
Helvin, Marie. 1995. Bodypure. Your complete Detox Programme for Health and Beauty. Headline Book Publishing. London.-
Wills, W. 1995. The Diet Bible. Use it or lose it. Covers over 50 diets and all the aspects of sucessful slimming and weight control.